Your property’s garage door not only protects your vehicles but the whole house as well. And with manufacturers now offering more style and design choices than ever, the right garage door can even increase your home’s value and curb appeal.
If you need help with a garage door installation, you can count on Durbin Garage Doors in Wentzville, MO. Their experts can provide the ideal materials and designs to match your home. They also offer an extensive selection of residential garage doors that feature advanced security components.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing the right material for your garage door installation:
- Aesthetics: Is your home design traditional or modern? Would you like your garage door to match the style of your windows? Garage doors made from wood offer a warm and homey appearance while those made from aluminum and steel offer a modern, sophisticated look.
- Design Style: Garage doors come in many different designs and colors. If you are going for a contemporary style, stained wood, horizontal banding, and frosted glass are options to consider. Raised or recessed panels offer more of a traditional design.
- Price: From cheapest to most expensive, materials range from vinyl, aluminum, and steel to wood composite and natural wood. You should balance the cost with other factors, such as the look, durability, and maintenance requirements. Find the perfect price-to-performance ratio for your needs.
- Insulation: A garage door with an increased insulated core can offer more protection from noise and the elements. Insulation is important so your garage door doesn’t leak heat; wood typically has the best insulation.
- Durability: Steel doors are the most durable, while those made of wood require more maintenance and are prone to cracking. If you want the look of wood and the durability of steel, you can choose wood composite, which is a combination of the two.